Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


More Blogs



Previous | Next
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 26, 2015

The Knitter's Curiosity Cabinet Volume III





Yesterday was a very lazy day for me. Took a nap in the sun, did a bit of reading, worked on some class notes and then knit a bit while I watched the movie Julie & Julia. If you have never seen this movie, I do recommend it. Amy Adams & Meryl Streep play Julie and Julia Child. Julie (Amy Adams) decides to cook her way through the famous "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" by Julia Childs (Meryl Streep) and blog about her experiences. It got me to thinking. Maybe I should try that. Last night I went to bed with 2 books - The Knitter's Curiosity Cabinet Volume III" & Cat Bordhi's "New Pathways Book 1". I have already knit several socks from Cat's book so I decided it might almost be cheating to select that one. So I have decided on Curiosity Cabinet. This book is the third in a series of absolutely fabulous books. I love my knitting books and am usually happy if I see 3 or 4 patterns in a particular book that I like well enough to consider knitting. This book has 18 original patterns - 9 socks and 9 accessories (hats, shawls, fingerless gloves) and I love all of them.

 
KCC2-Cover-for-PVP-site
 
I am going to start on the first pattern in the book, Conferva villosa Sock shown below.
Ravelry Link
 
 





 
 

 
I am going to use some delicious red Misti Alpaca Tonos Carnaval Sock yarn that has been sitting in my stash waiting for the perfect pattern
 
 
 
 
I will force myself to finally figure out how to download photos from my camera to my new laptop and let you know how I am doing. I am a slow knitter but I don't think 18 small projects should take me that long.
If you are interested in seeing all the designs for this book, they can be viewed on Ravelry at
 
 
 
Beth
 

 





No comments: