Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


More Blogs



Previous | Next
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 22, 2015

My Garden



I spent some time this past weekend working on my garden. My garden does double duty. It is my garden retreat to read, knit or just relax. It is also a hangout for a clowder of local feral cats. ( I know that term for a group of cats, thanks to Big Bang. Some of you may remember the episode where Sheldon began to collect cats to compensate for missing Amy when they briefly broke up)
 




I do have some nice flowers.


 But I am more amused and entertained with all the places my various outdoor felines choose to nap or hide.


The picture is a little blurry, but yes that is couple of grey kittens in the storm candle holder.

 
It all started with this beauty now named Meredith Grey Cat. A neighbour appears to have moved away and just left her behind; by accident or on purpose, I don't know. I wasn't sure what to do but began to occasionally put out food for her. She was soon coming around almost every day. When I realized she was pregnant for the second time, I couldn't stand it any more. By that time, we had become friends, she would let me pet her and would come when she saw me putting out food. With no struggle at all, I scooped her up, took her to the vet for a check up and she has been with me ever since. That litter resulted in 5 beautiful kittens. I found homes for 4 and kept one. But the previous litter has resulted in an ever increasing clowder of cats in my neighbourhood. I have been trapping and surrendering them to the OSPCA. So if any of you are looking for kittens or young cats, I know there are some pretty cute ones available.
 
 
Since her inclusion in our family, she has tried to make herself helpful. She enjoys assisting with blocking. 
 


But mostly, she just snuggles and looks cute.
Beth
 

No comments: