Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


More Blogs



Previous | Next
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 14, 2016

My Christmas Surprise from Karen

Karen gave me a lovely pottery yarn bowl for Christmas. When I unwrapped it, I found an additional treat snuggled inside. Karen knows I am addicted to caramel and particularly fond of fudge.

 
 

I managed to resist it for several days. There was no shortage of other Christmas treats in the house. One night I decided to finally indulge. I opened it up and took a bite. I had not thoroughly read the whole label.


It was soap beautifully designed to look like fudge. I can tell you, soap that smells like Apple Butter Caramel  does not taste like Apple Butter Caramel!!!!  Do you have any idea how long it takes to get the taste of soap out of your mouth? I now understand why it is said some parents discipline their children by washing their mouth out with soap.  My first thought was to rinse my mouth out with water. All that did was distribute the soap flavor over all the taste buds so I could truly savour the flavor. I followed up with brushing my teeth  and a thorough rinse with mouth wash. Taste was still there. Finally, I was rescued by an ice cold Red Racer beer.

Any one who has had the pleasure of meeting Karen, knows she is a kind and generous woman who would never intentionally hurt someone. But she did laugh at me when I told her what had happened.
Beth





No comments: