Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


More Blogs



Previous | Next
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 7, 2008

Just like Christmas

Our family Christmas celebration has never focused on the presents, but rather the "Reason for the Season". It doesn't stop us however from enjoying the excitement of both giving and receiving gifts.




Whenever new yarn arrives at the store, Beth and I feel like we are experiencing the joy of opening Christmas gifts. Even though we have ordered the yarn ourselves, it still seems like a complete surprise. We linger over the beautiful colours and fibres and like little children exclaim our pleasure over the special package contents.



Today was one of those days. I picked up the bags of yarn from one of our distributors, Estelle Yarns and Design. It almost filled the back of my Jeep to overflowing. Back at the store, we piled the bags together and could hardly wait for the fun to begin.





It was our order of Cascade 220 - over 60 colours all compelling us to try them in the new Noni felted purses, bags and fun accessories patterns. Here they are on the wall.



As most of you know, I'm a pink, purple and blue knitter. I'm trying to put together 5 or 6 Cascade 220 colours for the Great American Afghan. My choices are a little overwhelming and I think the best solution is to wait until tomorrow for daylight to best showcase the colours and then start to play with the combinations - one of my favourite parts of the planning stage.






How am I going to possibly limit myself to just 5 or 6 colours? I'm always up for a knitting challenge.

Karen

No comments: